This was the first of a series of two webinars on the importance to develop and strengthen capacities to understand the risk environment in agriculture, through practical examples and highlighting challenges.
26 May 2021 | 14:30 – 16:00 CEST
This event spotlighted the leading approach to manage risks in a given context, which encompasses a holistic methodology, that has grounded the series of four elearning courses on agricultural risk management (ARM) developed by PARM and the FAO elearning Academy, in partnership with IFAD and NEPAD. The session covered the first two elearning courses, which focus respectively on understanding and assessing risks in agriculture.
- Raise awareness on the importance of ARM;
- Demonstrate the benefits of adopting a holistic and integrated risk management approach and strategy;
- Share experiences on capacity development activities for managing agricultural risks.
- Kisan Gunjal – Global Food Security Expert | Senior International Consultant
- Cristina Petracchi – Leader of the eLearning Academy
- Gideon Onumah – Principal Economist, Food and Markets Department, Natural Resources Institute (NRI)
- Richard Miiro – Senior Lecturer, Makerere University
- Mariam Sow Soumaré – Agricultural Economist
- Massimo Giovanola – Lead Technical Specialist, Platform for Agricultural Risk Management (PARM)
COVER IMAGE CREDIT:
©PARM/Carlos Tomas Lora Acosta